Happy New Year to you all! So I have been following some really A M A Z I N G blogs just lately, and there has been a lot of 2017 goals and resolutions flying around, so I thought it would be fun to have a think about my own goals and hopes for 2017.
- Work/life balance. I think everyone struggles at some point in their lives to find a work life balance thats suits the whole family. I am currently on maternity leave so I am enjoying lots of precious time with my family which is so important to me. When I do return to work (which I love) I hope to balance work and family and stay stress free.
- Travel . I am hoping to plan so many little adventures this year. We love to travel in the UK in the camper van – there are so many wonderful places to visit that are on our doorstep. I am hoping to take advantage of maternity leave and discover some more hidden gems….visit a new family festival, and enjoy lots of family adventures and family time. Time to get planning…..
“Actually the best gift you could have given her was lifetime of adventures….” Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)
- Grow my Blog. This is all new for me, but something I have thought about doing for such a long time. I love taking photographs, and I love writing so I figured starting a blog would be right up my street. I am hoping to meet new people, collaborate, to grow my blog, and enjoy whatever it brings.
- Eat less sugar. I probably have this one every year but I’m going to make a special effort this year. I want to eat healthily and try to squeeze in some exercise -even if it’s just walking to the shops. I crave sugar when I’m tired and sleepless nights are inevitable with a little bubba- but this is a must for me this year … sugar- you’re out.
- Enjoy the Simple things. Simple -its such a cliche but the best things in life are free. Buy less. Enjoy the free stuff and just well .. enjoy the simple things in life. Time with family and friends.. laughing.. talking.. going for woodland walks.. lie ins all huddled in our bed.. having a coffee with my mum and dad.. cake (or a gin!) with my friends. Sometimes our best memories are of the normal, simple things we do, or of a last minute adventure or an ad hoc late evening picnic.
“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. – Dr Suess
There you have my goals and hopes for 2017. Wishing for a happy, healthy 2017 spending time with my family and friends. Working hard but playing hard too. Happy New Year to you all. Xxx