We love to pack up and head off in the campervan. There is something about sitting outside in the fresh air, cooking up a feast and watching the kids run wild in a field. It is often tempting to eat out during our travels but to save money we try to cook if we can – besides… food tastes better in the fresh air 🙂 I am always on the look out for easy, and healthy recipes that are ideal for our road trips. So the van life section will include campervan tips and hacks, and also a few of our favourite campervan recipes.
So to start, here is one of our favourite Campervan recipes: Zesty lemon spaghetti.
Zesty Lemon Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 750g minced beef
- 500ml stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- Add spaghetti to boiling water in a pan and cook as directed
- Heat the olive oil in a second pan and add the garlic and leek. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the carrots, cook for five minutes
- Add minced beef and flour, cook for five minutes
- Gradually stir in the stock and simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the meat. add the lemon zest and the juice of half of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper as required.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese as required.
Pin for later
This is a great one to try when camping or at home, let me know what you think!