If you have followed my blog for some time you know that we are huge fans of products that make camper van life and camping with kids a whole lot easier. When we converted our van into a camper we decided to not add an inbuilt stove at the time, and we often use a portable stove on our travels as we find it great to store and take out on our day to day adventures too. Camper van storage can be tight and so we are always on the look out for products that are useful, necessary and that don’t take up much space. So lets talk about the best camping stoves out on the market.
AD – post contains affiliate links
our pick of the Best camping stoves
It is so important to get your hands on the right camping stove. One that suits your needs completely and your plans. I have done a lot of research so here it is…… The best camping stoves of 2020
Best camping stoves for your camping trip and van life: 2020
- This stove is made with the great British weather in mind.
- It has an ultra-wide flame spreader with the added protection of the windshield `allowing you to cook food thoroughly.
- The high-quality Piezo ignitor ensures it will light first time, every time, whilst the windshield keeps the flame sheltered and steady.
- Power 2600W
- Boils 1L of water in 5 minutes
- Built in windshield – Shelters flame from wind for increased efficiency, reducing cooking times
- Foldable to compact size – Easy storage and transport
- Gas canisters – Screw on butane propane mix
- Approximate burn times: 110g – 35mins, 230g – 75mins, 450g – 145mins
- This powerful high performance stove has fully adjustable 2 kW stainless steel burners. It has a compact and slim design and is easy to use with manual ignition.
- The stove folds up compact. and the lid cover the cooking top for protection and also doubles up as a windshield when it is open.
- Runs on Campingaz gas cartridge CV 470 Plus (runtime: 1 H 30 min), high availability in over 50 countries
- dimensions 49 x 45 x 33/49 x 35 x 10 cm, gas consumption: 291 g/h; Weight: 3.8 kg;
- not suitable for indoor use; hose and regulator are included
- HyperFlame? burner technology – cuts boil time in half compared to a standard burner at 3 m/sec.
- 24,000 total BTU – from two powerful, high performance burners (12,000 BTU per burner).
- PerfectHeat? technology has a recessed cooktop and lowered burners – for optimal combustion performance and product life.
- PerfectFlow? Pressure Control System – produces a steady fuel stream, even in cold weather, high altitudes and when fuel is low.
- Easily adjustable controls – provide a wide range of modes from simmer to boil.
- The 1-2 person stove treated with a non stick coating makes washing up so much easier.
- 0.6 litre Ultralight aluminium kettle for Trangia 27 stove
- 1 litre Non-stick inner pan with graduations for the Trangia 27 cooker sets
- 1 litre Non-stick outer pan for the Trangia 27 cooker sets
- 18cm Non-stick frying pan/lid for the Trangia 27 cooker set
- The original heat source for a Trangia stove, the complete burner is available as a spare. It is easy to light in hot, cold or windy conditions and is lightweight and easy to store.
- Simmering ring which when open and placed over the Trangia meths burner will give a simmering flame, and when closed can be used to extinguish the burner.
- The Cadac safari chef is just a 28cm diameter, and weighs under 4kg, and also the pot and lid
- This multipurpose gas BBQ comes with 4 interchangeable cooking surfaces and a pot stand
- Cook or grill up an amazing meal any time of the day, anywhere you go
- Ideal for camping, hiking, or spending the day in the back garden, the Cadac Safari is perfect for outdoor dining this Summer
- Height – 38.8cm Width – 32cm Depth- 32cm Weigh t(approx.): 3.6KG Total heat output: 1.80kW Total average gas consumption: 130 g/h
- This stove features two 30,000 BTU Cast Aluminum Burners system for total cooking power of 60,000 BTU
- It offers a 448 Sq. inch cooking area with 3 sided windscreen
- An award winning design, it is portable with removable legs, and a three-sided windscreen
- Specifications: Cooking Dimensions: 14″ x 32” Cooking Area: 448 sq. in. Cooking Height: 29”
- Total Output: 14000W Weight: 14Kg
Primus Onja Stove
- The Onja is a compact two-burner stove. It has a carrying strap to make it portable.
- When extended the body becomes a stable cooking unit that also protects the burners from the wind.
- The top is covered with an oak lid that doubles as a cutting board or as a plate.
- Uses Primus 100 g, 230 g or 450 g canister gas.
- There is also a Duo valve version that fits most gas cartridges with a valve.
- Size (L x W x H): 43 x 14 x 29 cm Weight: 3000 g
- Gas Power (Watts): 2 x 2800 Watt Performance Burn Time (hrs): 0,56 hours Cooking Time (min): 3:40 min
Campingaz Party Grill 400, All-in-One Portable Camping BBQ, with Grid, Griddle and Plancha, Lid Doubles as a Wok, 2000 W
- What can I say about the Camping party grill? This has been recommended to us and is an ideal campsite and festival grill;
- It comes with a number of accessories; including a pan support, plancha, grilling grid/cooking griddle with non-stick coating and a large lid which doubles as a wok.
- This 2000 W gas stove runs on Campingaz gas cylinders R907/R904 (runtime: 19 hours, 30 minutes/ 12 hours, 30 minutes); push and turn piezo ignition for convenient lighting (match free)
- Easy cleaning and transport and storage
- Diameter 36 x 42 cm (on stand); gas consumption 145 g/h; boil time 6 minutes 5 seconds; weight 4.9 kg; carry bag included.
The Vango Vango Sizzle Induction Hob has been specifically designed for outdoor use with its 800W power. A heating lock ensures your pans stay warm whilst cooking and its wipe down surface makes cleaning up simple! Compatible with stainless steel bottom pans only, making our Gourmet Cook Set the perfect companion. It’s automatic pans sensor will let you know if your cookware isn’t compatible.
- LED Controls – Easy to use
- Automatic pan sensor – must be stainless steel bottom pans, audible beep if incorrect
- Integrated cooling fan – Reduces the risk of overheating
- 2.5m cable with UK plug – Extra long cable provides flexibility for cooking
- Power: 800 Watts – Designed for outdoor use with a max temperature of 200oC
- Heating lock – Ensures pans are kept warm
- 12/21cm cooking area – Suitable for use with pans 12/21cm in diameter
- Wipe down surface – Easy to clean
- Storage bag for easy transportation
Otis and Us have got together with vango to offer you a brilliant camping giveaway
If you want to win a Vango Sizzle pop over to Otis and Us instagram page to enter!
View this post on Instagram
🌿Giveaway 🌿 Myself, and the lovely Jenny from @peakdistrictkids have teamed up with @vango.outdoor and are running a lovely giveaway for your Summer adventures We are giving away a Vango Sizzle!! The Vango Vango Sizzle Induction Hob has been specifically designed for outdoor use with its 800W power. . . To enter complete the 3 steps below: . ⭐️Follow all the accounts below @otisandus.blog @peakdistrictkids @vango.outdoor ⭐️Like this post ⭐️Tag 2 or more friends (in separate comments). Tag as many friends as you like – each tag counts as an extra entry so tag away! ⭐️For bonus entries share this post in your stories and tag all 3 of us. Giveaway ends Monday 27th July at 22:00 T&Cs: -There is no alternative prize and no cash alternative -The giveaway is open to residents of the UK -The giveaway is in no way sponsored by or endorsed by Instagram -Entrants must be 18 or over -The winner will be chosen by a random number generator, unconnected to the giveaway from all entries who have completed the above tasks. -The winner will be contacted via Instagram DM – if they do not respond within 36 hours another winner will be chosen at random -By entering the giveaway you release @pealdistrictkids and @otisandus.blog from any liability whatsoever. This is not endorsed/sponsored/administered by Instagram ⭐️ -Good Luck! ⭐️ . . #campkitchen #campinglife #campinglife #campervanwithkids #campinguk #giveaway #giveawaycontest #giveawayuk #ukparentbloggers #summeradventures #tribexipc #adventuretime #adventuretime #vanlife #vanlifemovement #tentcamping #tentlife #outdoorliving #lovelifeoutside #getoutside #adventuretravel #traveling_uk #travelfamily #traveltoexplore
Do let me know if you have anymore to add to this epic list of best camping stoves
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Should you click to purchase, this is at no extra cost to you, but I receive a small commission. I also have an ongoing partnership as an ambassador with Vango who have provided the Sizzle for the purpose of the giveaway. All thoughts and opinions are my own