Welcome to Otis and Us Family Vanlife adventures. We are a UK vanlife family and share our road trips, personal campsite recommendations, vanlife tips and campervan adventures!
We are a family of five (and a HUGE dog) who love nothing more that travelling around the UK and beyond in our Converted VW Campervan. We have had our campervan for over ten years now, and have slowly converted our camper to make it our tiny home on wheels. Over the years have adapted the way that we vanlife, as our family has grown into a camper family of five and a dog. We try to make the most of every weekend and the school holidays, and hope to share our road trips, campsite recommendations and family adventures along the way.
When we are not in our campervan, we love spending time outdoors. We love our watersports including surfing, coasteering, paddleboarding adventures and cold water swimming.
We often share the best of Staffordshire including family days out in Staffordshire with kids, cheap (or free things to do in Staffordshire) and not forgetting our favourite local dog-friendly places to visit.
If you are looking for a day of rest and relaxation you may find our best Staffordshire spa days helpful to play a day to recharge your batteries.
If you are local to Stoke-on-Trent you may find our guide on Things to do in Stoke-on-Trent with kids helpful.
If you are looking for things to do in Staffordshire with kids, then look no further. Here are 30 AWESOME family days out to inspire you.
There are so many magical Christmas days out happening in Staffordshire for 2023. From magical Santa’s sleepover at Alton Towers Resort, to a trip to the North Pole at the National Forest Adventure Farm. Here is a round up of the BEST Christmas events in Staffordshire
Start your family vanlife research here
Vanlife with kids – Everything you need to know
Thinking about vanlife with kids? Here is everything you need to know about life in a campervan with young kids!
Campervan storage ideas
Vanlife with three kids and a dog means that we have to be clever with our storage. Here are all the clever camper storage hacks that we have learned along the way!
Vanlife with a dog
Everything you need to know about vanlife with a dog, including all the things you may need to consider if you are thinking about camping with a puppy. Includes a packing list for camping with a puppy!
How to sleep five in a VW campervan
Probably the question we get asked the most… “where do you all sleep?” Here are all the tried and tested sleeping arrangements right from baby to teenager (and everything inbetween!)
Wondering what you need to pack for your next campervan road trip? Then look no further – we have everything covered including a packing list for all the essentials!
Whilst we love our family vanlife adventures, we also love to mix up our family travel and have recently returned from an awesome villa holiday in Italy, and we loved our DIY trip to Lapland. We also love our Eurocamp holidays and of course glamping with kids!
- Yuletide at Tatton Park 2023 REVIEWYuletide has come to Tatton Park Gardens in Knutsford, Cheshire and is running from the 24th November 2023 to 24th December 2023. If you are wondering what Yuletide is all about, it is a blend of festive light…
- 55+ BEST campervan gift ideas (camper gift guide 2024)Looking for a perfect gift for a campervan owner can be tricky. If you have a campervan -you will know too well that space is tight, and there isn’t much room for ‘stuff’. I have put together an…
- 5 Best Staffordshire Spa daysThere really is nothing better than making time for a few hours of rest and relaxation. Whilst there is plenty do see and do in Staffordshire for families. There are also a number of options for a child-free…
- Best UK Glamping sites for familiesIf you love camping, but you don’t always like the idea of pitching the tent and putting it away afterwards – then why not try one of these great UK glamping sites for families? Glamping offers an alternative…
- REVIEW: Calendar Girls The Musical: Regent TheatreThe incredible Calendar Girls the Musical, written by Gary Barlow and Tom Firth has arrived at the Regent Theatre in Hanley, on Tuesday 14th November 2023. We were invited along to the Regent in Stoke-on-Trent. What an incredibly…
- 20 Things to do in Stoke-on-Trent with KidsIf you are looking for things to do in Stoke on Trent with kids then look no further. There are so many great family days out in and around Stoke-on-Trent. There are plenty of peaceful parks and woodland…
If you have found this post useful, you can help us by buying us a coffee! We promise to enjoy it whilst creating more useful content. Thanks so much for your support, Katy