I have often seen kids having an absolute blast on their shoes with wheels. I had never really thought much about Heelys until my eldest daughter started to ask for a pair of those “wheely shoes” as she called them. So I was really pleased when Skates.co.uk got in touch with us to chat about their range of Heelys for kids. We are always looking out for good outdoor activities that we can easily pack on our camper van road trips. Here is our Heelys shoes review – including an awesome Heelys giveaway for you!
So what are Heelys?
So firstly lets talk about Heelys. Heelys are shoes and roller skates rolled into one. Heelys offer the freedom to alternate between walking and skating by shifting the weight on your feet. You can also remove the wheels and they turn into normal shoes.
One or two wheel Heeleys?
When looking to buy your Heelys you will find the option of either one or two wheels. The two wheels are recommended for younger children and first time buyers, whereas the one wheel shoes are recommended for children who have good balance, as you can manoeuvre quicker and gain speed.
Heelys for kids come in a variety of colours and designs, so there is a style to suit everyone.
Heelys Classic X2 Shoes
The Heelys X2 range from Heelys have 2 wheels and feature bright colours. They have 2 wheels for learning and stability. They also arrive with free stickers.
The X2 plus also come with the iconic Heelys logo on the side to add to the style. The shoe comes with wheel plugs and a removal tool to convert your Heelys into normal shoes. We opted for the all-black trainer that has a white base and pink toe, with neon pink trimmings.
Where can you buy Heelys classic x2 shoes?
Heelys x2 classic range are currently £39.95 and are available to buy from skates.co.uk
Heelys for kids
We soon discovered that Heelys take a lot of practice. They may look easy to use, but even for a child with awesome balance they take time to get used to and navigate. I can see already that they are going to provide hours of fun! My 9 year old has wanted a pair for so long.
Heely safety tips:
We have some tips on how to get started with Heelys shoes –
- Maintain a safe environment and ride with safety equipment such as elbow and knee protectors and a helmet.
- Make sure your helmet fits properly. Never wear straps that are loose.
- Always keep your laces tied while skating for a smooth ride.
- Use your toes (similar to riding roller skates when I was child). If you feel like you are going to lose your balance, move the weight to the toes
- Practice braking to make sure you can stop at any time necessary.
- Use an adult or friend when practising to help and hold on to!
- Take your time. Be courteous and skate safely.
There are some fabulous resources and videos online to get you started and to help you to stay safe with Heelys.
We will continue to update this Heelys shoes review with more tips and thoughts as we navigate the world of skating and walking in Heelys shoes!
**Skates.co.uk recommend you order your normal shoe size in Heelys.**
Heelys X2 classic giveaway –
The lovely team at Skates.co.uk are offering one reader the chance to win a pair of Heelys X2 classic in either black/white/pink or black/white/blue!
enter our Heelys giveaway herea Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck !!
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the UK over the age of 18
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion
- By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway
- Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
- Prize is for an Heelys X2 classic and is not transferrable
- Otis and Us is not responsible for availability of sizes. Skates.co.uk will be responsible for posting out the prize.
- Giveaway starts on 12:00am 19/6/2020 and ends 03/07/2020 12:00am
Check out my other giveaways over on Otis and us
*Disclosure – we have been gifted a pair of Heelys for the purpose of this review and giveaway. All thoughts and opinions are my own