We have a few favourite camper van recipes and this is one of our all time favourites. We have tried this during our camper van road trips and it is a really easy camping dessert to make. This is one of our most enjoyed desserts and you can easily make this ahead of your trip, or just take a foil tray and throw it together whilst you are camping: it is a great campfire dessert!
We decided to not have a stove added to our camper van whilst the kids are young, so we use an outdoor stove for the majority of our cooking. We are always on the look out for great meal ideas to cook on a stove or a campfire.
If you don’t have a camper van fridge, this recipe also works great using a cool box.
No Bake rocky road is an easy dessert to prepare or make ahead of your camping trip. We have also found that this is a great family snack at home, whilst on a camper van holiday, on a camping trip, or just enjoying the great outdoors.
What can you put in no bake rocky road?
What we really love, is that you can adapt this according to what you have in the cupboard You can add raisins, marshmallows, chocolate chips, Maltesers, digestive biscuits, fruit and nut mix, cranberries or chocolate buttons.
This no bake recipe is perfect for your little campers……
Check out our other camping recipes.
Camping dessert: No bake rocky road
- 100 g Maltesers
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 70 g butter
- 6 digestive biscuits
- 50g Marshmallows
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
- Melt the chocolate, honey and the butter over a low heat.
- Set aside to cook slightly.
- Bash up the biscuits in a sandwich bag until there is a mixture of chunks and powder
- Add the crushed biscuits, marshmallows and Maltesers to the mixture and gently fold until all the ingredients are covered in chocolate
- Pour into a foil-lined tray or plastic container. Press the mixture down, pop in the fridge or cool box and leave to set for around 60 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve
This is a really simple sample camping dessert, let me know how you get on and what you like to add to your no bake rocky road.
Why not pin for later