We are always on the look out for healthy and quick campervan meals for all the family to enjoy. It is tempting to eat out during our travels but we do try to save money if we can by cooking on our trips. We don’t have a stove in our campervan, so we love to stumble across an easy campervan recipe that works for all of the family and is quick to cook on our lightweight portable gas stove.
We have collected a few tips, tricks and hacks for an enjoyable camper van holiday along the way, and we have a few firm favourite campervan recipes that have been tried and tested.
This zesty lemon spaghetti is a perfect camping meal for kids and adults alike. We love camping pasta meals, they are super easy to prepare and you don’t need loads of ingredients. Camper van zesty lemon spaghetti can be made ahead, and even frozen, but it is also a super easy meal to cook on the stove or campfire, and it doesn’t take hours to prepare either.
So here is the start of our van life recipes ….. and this is one of our favourite camping recipes… Zesty lemon spaghetti. You can also make this with a meat substitute for a perfect vegetarian camping recipe!
Oh… and for a perfect camping dessert… why not try no bake rocky road for all of the family to enjoy!!
Zesty Lemon Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 750g minced beef
- 500ml stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- Add spaghetti to boiling water in a pan and cook as directed
- Heat the olive oil in a second pan and add the garlic and leek. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the carrots, cook for five minutes
- Add minced beef and flour, cook for five minutes
- Gradually stir in the stock and simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the meat. add the lemon zest and the juice of half of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper as required.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese as required.
Pin for later
This is a great campervan recipe, and a recipe for a camping trip that can be made ahead at home, let me know what you think!