We are always on the look out for innovative children products that are also perfect for family travel. We recently took our Toniebox on our recent trip glamping in Ashbourne. Read on for our Tonies review
Toniebox and Tonies review – tell me more?
I have only very recently been introduced to the magical Toniebox and Tonies. Read on as I am going to introduce you to Tonies® and tell you a little bit about the Toniebox with our Tonies review. It is lovely to have a product for children that takes them away from the screens even for a short while. It was our youngest’s third birthday, and I can honestly say he absolutely loves it, and I think the recommended age of 3+ is perfect.
Toniebox – So what is it?
Meet the Toniebox, a little box full of magic, adventures and audio fun for children. We ordered the grey version to match the decor in my little boy’s bedroom. The starter set comes with a Creative-Tonie (also in grey), a charging station and plug adaptor and easy to understand instruction manual.
I love that the Toniebox is soft enough to handle but tough enough to withstand little hands, a very important feature for a lively 3 year old.
Adjusting the volume is easy with a little squeeze of the ears.
Just tilt the box to fast forward or rewind.
Tonies are hand painted characters that magnetically attach to the Toniebox. Each Tonie figure allows you to listen to something different each time. Each Tonie has its own content and comes in individual bags – you can collect them all!
Creative-Tonies allow you to add unto 90 minutes of your own content via the smartphone app or via the Tonies website. You can record or download your own audio, making it personal and special for all of the family to enjoy.
Disney Tonies – We were provided with two Tonies – The jungle book and the Lion king.
Tonies® – perfect for family travel
All content is downloaded via wifi and stored in the Tonie Cloud, so the Toniebox and Tonies can be taken anywhere once charged. This means that stories can be played without wifi access, with 7 hours of battery life.
Tonies review: What we love about Tonies and Toniebox
- Set up is simple and straightforward. The Toniebox includes everything that you need and the instructions mean that is straightforward
- Sound quality is good and the magnetic feature of the Tonies ensures that audio is not disturbed if knocked.
- It is perfect for family travel as it can be played everywhere and stories can be played without wifi access.
- Available in several choices of colours to suit all tastes
- The box turns off once the bedtime story is finished
Find out more and order your starter set
Prices (Oct 2019)
- Starter Set RRP £69.95 (includes cube and a Creative-Tonie)
- Tonies® RRP £14.99 each
- Creative-Tonies RRP £11.99 each